Tips on writing Career Episodes for Engineers Australia
Career episodes is what explains your educational qualification and work experience in the field of engineering. All three career episodes is based on three specific engineering projects done on certain period of time. Career Episodes Engineers Australia gives detailed information on technical and other skills an engineer applied to the project described. You must demonstrate your professional competencies in your career episodes
Career Episodes are written based upon following activities:
- An engineering project done during undergraduate or graduate course
- A project you are working on in your workplace
- An engineering position you are currently working on
While preparing career episodes you must follow certain instructions given by Engineers Australia such as:
- Career Episodes must be written in English
- Each Career Episode must be more than 1500 words and shouldn’t exceed 2500 words.
- Each Career Episode should clearly illustrate your engineering knowledge and skills.
- Each Career Episode should emphasize on personal role like what you did rather than what your team did.
- You should use first person language.
- Give more importance to engineering methods that you used to solve the problems.
- Number each paragraph in each career episodes.
Sections of Career Episodes Engineers Australia
Each Career Episodes Engineers Australia must be divided in four sections and they are introduction, background, personal engineering activity and summary. Each of these sections should be written differently and should contain specific details
- It should be approximately 100 words.
- The content of introduction should be in chronological order
- Dates and duration of career episodes
- The location where it occurred
- The name of organization
- The title of position occupied by you
It provides information on the activities you have been involved or working on. It should be around 200 to 500 words and should contain:
- The nature of the overall engineering project
- The objectives of the project
- The nature of your particular work area
- A chart of the organizational structure highlighting your position, in relation to the career episode
- A statement of your duties (provide an official duty statement where available)
Personal Engineering Activity
This section is the body art with all the detail information you have done such as what you did, how you did it. In here you should describe what you personally did rather than what your team did because this is a personal competency assessment. You should provide detailed illustration on:
- Application of your engineering knowledge and skills on the project.
- Task given to you and how you accomplished them
- Any specific technical difficulties/problems you faced and the way you solved them
- Methods and solution developed by you using your original creation.
- About team work i.e. how you worked in team
It concludes everything that is explained in above sections. It contains about 50-100 words that includes
- Conclusion of everything you did on the project
- How the project lead to your goals/requirements
- Summary on what your roles and responsibilities were during the project.
Career Episodes Samples
These are the Career Episodes Samples for four occupational categories accredited by Engineers Australia.