For the position you worked in the last seven years should include the following details.
- Employer’s name, location and address
- Position title(s), start and finish dates for the assigned position
- Describe your role and responsibilities in each position, along with your key achievements.
Key achievements are the engineering tasks you have worked on that demonstrate your achievements which includes:
- projects, products you worked on
- Special skills or tactics you have used
- Results you’ve accomplished
- Possible actions you followed to address a situation, including innovation and creativity; and
- extra duties you undertook.
You have to include the details of two professional referees at the end of your work experience. Engineers Australia will contact you to assure the claims of your competencies. Your referee must have the following details included:
- Must know you for at least twelve months
- Should have an engineering degree
- Five years of experience in your area of practice
- Your referee can be your mentor, supervisor, senior colleague, or a client
- Most likely be a Chartered Member of Engineers Australia
Out of the two referees, one should be from your current employer. The other referee can be from your current employer if you are involved with the same employer for more than five years.
If you have a changed employer more recently, the other referee may be from a previous employer you worked within five years before registering your application. You have to provide these details for each referee:
- Given name
- Professional relationship
- Phone / Mobile
- E-mail address
If you are not able to provide professional referee information due to some circumstances, you will have to submit a witnessed Statutory Declaration in place of a referee. The Statutory Declaration should display your work experience statement, and acquired competency self-assessment if presented, should portray your career history.