Get Free Consultation
ANZSCO 135112 ICT Project Manager
ICT Project Manager plans, organizes, directs, controls and coordinates quality accredited ICT projects. Accountable for day-to-day operations of resourcing, scheduling, prioritization and task coordination, and meeting project milestones, objectives and deliverables within agreed timeframes and budgets.
Level 1 or Equivalent
ICT Development Manager
Skills Assessment Authority
ACS (Australian Computer Society)
On the Occupation Lists:
- Combined Skilled Occupations List (STSOL MLTSSL)
- Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)
- RSMS Occupations List (RSMSL)
Not on the Occupation Lists:
- Labour Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)
- Medium Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
This occupation is listed on the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)
As the occupation features on the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL), it is possible to apply for a Skilled Nominated 190 visa or a Skilled Regional Nominated 489 visa.
If you are employed in this occupation and you wish to pursue a GSM visa, you will be required to apply for state nomination in order to move to Australia.
Note: *Please note that while the occupation is on the STSOL it remains a possibility that no states currently have a demand for people in that profession. The online assessment only lists occupations which are currently in demand by a state or territory in Australia, so if the occupation does not appear on the online assessment you should consider seeking an employer sponsor in Australia.
Unit Group: 1351 ICT Managers
The job of an ICT project manager in Australia is to plan, organize, direct, control and coordinate the acquisition, development, maintenance and use of computer and telecommunication systems within organizations.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- IELTS result with a minimum score of 6 (L, R, W), 7 in speaking and 7 overall;
- OET result with a minimum grade B in all sections;
- TOEFL iBT with a minimum score (L:12 R:13 W:21 S:23 overall L93);
- PTE Academic with a min score of 50 (L, R, W), 65 in speaking and 65 overall
- Australian Graduate exceptions apply in some states/territories
- Priority Skilled Lists may apply a specific requirement in some states
- Countries exempt from submitting IELTS or OET include the UK; Canada; New Zealand; US; and Ireland Where mandatory licensing or registration is required you must demonstrate a level of English either sufficient to meet licensing / registration or a minimum IELTS, or equivalent, whichever is higher.
Occupations in this Group
- 135111 Chief Information Officer
- 135112 ICT Project Manager
- 135199 ICT Managers (NEC)
ICT project managers plan, direct, and supervise the resources, people, funding, and facilities required to implement ICT projects. Budgets and timelines are created, risk analysis and quality control are performed, and project closing reports are written. A bachelor’s degree in information technology or a similar area and extensive experience in the ICT industry are often required to work as an ICT Project Manager.
Methodologies for managing ICT projects
Waterfall, incremental, V-Model, Scrum, or Agile approaches or models for planning, controlling, and supervising ICT resources to fulfil specific goals; such methodologies include employing project management ICT tools.
Policy for internal risk management
Internal risk management techniques that identify, assess, and prioritize hazards in an IT environment. Methods for decreasing, monitoring, and regulating the risk and impact of catastrophic events imperil company objectives.
Management of ICT projects
The planning methods, implementing, reviewing, and following up on ICT projects such as the production, integration, modification, and sale of ICT goods and services and ICT projects requiring technical innovation.
Make project guidelines.
Define the work plan, length, deliverables, resources, and processes that a project must adhere to fulfill its objectives. Describe the project’s goals, objectives, outcomes, and execution possibilities.
Hire new workers by defining the job description, promoting it, conducting interviews, and choosing individuals by corporate policy and regulations. Monitor and evaluate how an employee carries out their obligations and how successfully these actions are carried out. Maintain an effective working relationship among personnel by leading a group of individuals to assist them in achieving their goals.
Execute project management
Manage and plan numerous resources for a certain project, such as human resources, money, deadline, outcomes, and quality, and monitor project progress to reach a specified objective within a set time and budget.
Estimate the length of the project.
Produce reliable time estimates for future technical jobs based on past and present facts and observations, or plan the projected duration of particular tasks in a given project.
Conduct a risk assessment.
Identify and evaluate variables that may jeopardize a project’s success or jeopardize the organization’s operation. Implement processes to minimize or reduce the impact of these events.
Determine legal requirements
Conduct legal and normative process and standard research and analyze and develop legal requirements that relate to the organization, its policies, and products.
Reports on cost-benefit analysis
Prepare, prepare, and disseminate reports with cost breakdowns on the company’s proposal and budget plans. They help interpret the economic sector and gains from a project ahead of time over a certain period.
Tasks to Perform
- Analyzing information needs and specifying technology to meet those needs
- Formulating and directing information and communication technology (ICT) strategies, policies and plans
- Directing the selection and installation of ICT resources and the provision of user training
- Directing ICT operations and setting priorities between system developments, maintenance and operations
- Overseeing the security of ICT systems
Closely Related Core ICT Units
- Business Information Systems
- Business Intelligence
- Business Process Reengineering
- Business System planning
- Critical Path Method
- Enterprise Architecture – (Enterprise Resource Management, Emerging Technologies)
- ICT Management
- ICT Strategy
- Information System Risk Management
- Information System Security
- Information Systems Management
- Management Information Systems
- Project Management
- Project Planning
- System Integration
- Systems Acquisition – (eg: Resource Management)
Major tasks include the plan, organize,the acquisition, development, maintenance direct, control and coordinate and use of telecommunication systems computer and inside the organizations. risk management in the company is the information provider that consolidating property values, claims, policy, and exposure information and providing the tracking and management reporting capabilities to enable the system user enabling the monitor and control over the cost management. ICT project manager also helps in enterprises architecture like building of it and taking care if any defect is found then to resolve. It also helps on bringing up together all the components sub systems into one system. It also serves as the backbone of an organizations operations.
Additional Closely Related Core ICT Units
- Algorithm design (Algorithm development)
- Artificial intelligence
- Automata theory
- Computer Science
- Database design
- Database implementation
- Database Management Systems – (Relational Database, Object-Oriented Database)
- Expert Systems
- File Processing
- Human Computer Interaction
- Information Systems
- Introduction to ICT – (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
- Introduction to Information Systems
- Programming – (C, C++, Objective C, Visual C, Basic, Visual Basic, Java, Assembler, Cobol, Pascal, PL/1, Fortran, PHP, Pearl, AS3, FoxPro, and similar)
- Quality management – (Quality Assurance, Software Quality)
- Software Engineering
- Software validation – (Software Testing, Testing strategies and methods)
- Web Engineering – (Web Design, Internet Engineering)
The ICT project manager look after the algorithm design and development. AI for the system and the development process are the crucial things so the Artificial Intelligence are also applied. To keep the record and to reuse the data it is need to be design, implementation and manage those system so here the database management is also done.
Numerous programming language used like C, C++, Java, PHP etc. are used. Quality of the system is also the vital things so the assurance of the system quality is needed. After the system is created it needs to be validate using various tools and techniques so the chief information officer do these tasks also. web engineering also known as systems analysis and designer, who are capable of human-computer interaction, user interface, information engineering etc,