Skilled Migrant Category Overview
- Application for a PR visa under the Skilled Migrant Category is a two-phase process: individuals wishing to submit an application for a resident visa under the Skilled Migrant Category should initially present an Expression of Interest (EOI) in an endorsed way.
- EOIs that are essentials for wellbeing, character, English language and age, and have a sum of at least 100 points for employability and building factors, are gone into a Pool of EOIs.
- EOIs that meet a determination point edge set every now and then by the Minister of Immigration are chosen from the Pool. The current choice point is 160.
- EOIs chose from the Skilled Migrant Category Pool may bring about an invitation to apply for a visa under the Skilled Migrant Category if the cases made in the EOI concerning wellbeing, character, English language and employability and limit building factors are evaluated as trustworthy by a movement official.
- Applications for a resident visa made in the recommended way should be made within four months of the date of the invitation to apply.
- A Skilled Migrant Category application will be endorsed if a movement official has fulfilled the prerequisites for wellbeing, character, English language and employability and limit building factors are met.
- In the event that a primary candidate, in any case, meets all necessities for the award of an inhabitant visa under the Skilled Migrant Category yet doesn’t have focuses for work in New Zealand or possesses not read full energy for a long time in New Zealand bringing about the honour of a Doctorate or Master’s certificate:
- the decision on the application will be deferred; and
- subject to meeting the prerequisites of Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Instructions, the vital candidate will be qualified for the award of a work visa to permit them to acquire a proposal of progressing gifted work in New Zealand.
- If an offer of ongoing skilled employment is obtained during the deferral period, the application may be approved.
Your best chance of reaching 160 points will be if:
- Age of applicant is between 21 to 39 years of age, and;
- 10 years or more skilled work experience and in a country that is considered a comparable labour market to New Zealand; and preferably the work experience matches the requirement of the long term skill shortage list of New Zealand and;
- Your highest qualification is a Masters/PhD and your Bachelor’s degree is relevant to the work experience you declare, and;
- You are married and your partner has a minimum qualification of a bachelor’s degree and can score 6.5 band score in all in IELTS.
- You can also require an IELTS score of 6.5 in all bands, and;
- you must have a police clearance certificate, and not have any health problems and out of disease-free health conditions.
As you can see it is not an easy or simple process and if you do not match ALL the criteria above then most likely you will not qualify.
- Document Checklist for ACS RPL Report Skill Assessment in 2021 July 22, 2021
- Can you Prepare a CDR Report with no Prior Employment Experience? July 14, 2021
- Confused about how to prepare your CDR Report? Learn these tips straight from our Professionals July 7, 2021
- Career Episode Sample based on Training Project July 7, 2021
- Career Episode Sample based on Work Experience July 7, 2021