Table of Contents
A Career Episode sample is a document that provides a detailed account of a specific project or task completed by an individual as part of their professional career. It is one of the documents required for CDR Report Writing.
This Career Episode is an example of a work-based Career Episode.
An element of the Competency Demonstration Report (CDR), a document needed by Engineers Australia (EA) for the evaluation of engineering qualifications for immigration purposes, is referred to as a career episode.
An engineer’s unique engineering expertise and accomplishments during a given time or project are described in detail in a career episode.
An engineer must demonstrate their proficiency in the engineering knowledge and skill areas pertinent to their line of work in a career episode.
It normally contains details regarding the activities carried out, the precise role performed by the engineer, the methods and tools employed, the difficulties encountered, and the results obtained.
Additionally, it should show how the engineer used their engineering knowledge to address technical issues.
The author of this Career Episode is a Project Engineer at a company named Wipro Limited. It is a project called “LTE Certification Testing”.
LTE Certification Testing
When asking for a skill assessment with Engineers Australia (EA), an engineer can include a specific aspect of their work experience in a Career Episode for a Competency Demonstration Report (CDR).
This is referred to as LTE Certification Testing. Long-Term Evolution, or LTE, is an industry standard for high-speed wireless data connectivity for mobile devices and data terminals.
The following sections make up a Career Episode’s standard structure:
- Introduction :Briefly describe the project or time period you will be talking about, including its dates, length, and your role.
2. Background: Explain the situation that existed during the project’s or period’s occurrence. Include details about the company, the project’s goals, and any pertinent restrictions or difficulties.
3. Engineering activities :During the project or time period, describe the engineering tasks you carried out. The precise tasks you performed, such as design, analysis, testing, implementation, or project management, should be highlighted.
4. Personal Engineering Activity: Pay attention to how you fit within the project or time period and what you have to offer.
Give particular instances of the issues you encountered and the solutions you came up with in order to demonstrate how you applied your technical knowledge and skills.
5. Summary: Write a brief summary of the project’s or the period’s results and accomplishments. Highlight any noteworthy accomplishments in terms of results, upgrades, or innovations.
6. Engineering Competencies: Connect your engineering endeavors and experiences to the pertinent Engineers Australia competencies. Give examples and supporting data to prove your mastery of each competence.
For the Introduction Section, he has created a table mentioning the location of where the event happened, the company’s name, his designation, and project name as follow:
|Project||LTE Certification Testing|
|Position||Sr. Project Engineer|
In the Background Section, he provides a simple introduction to the Company Profile and what the project was about.
The Project was about testing Data Throughput, Protocol Conformance, Radio Frequency (RF), Radio Resource Management, A-GNSS Receiver Testing, Over-The-Air (OAT) Antenna Performance, Field Interoperability Testing (FIT) and Carrier Aggregation using devices like smartphones and tablets, wireless cellular routers and data dongles.
The main objective of the project as stated by the author was to:
- Download and install mobile equipment firmware using flashing tools
- Perform static and drive testing
- Verify and validate the fixed issues at the simulator level as well as a radio interface level.
- Submit a detailed report of the project
Moreover, in Personal Engineering Activity, he discusses his roles and responsibilities as a Project engineer, which are:
- Carry out simulated scenarios using CMW500
- Carry out mobility or filed testing.
He explains about various tools and techniques he used to perform these projects. In the first paragraph, he provides an overall description of how the testing will be conducted.
In the second paragraph, he illustrates the testing conducted using the CMW500 tester.
Similarly, in the third paragraph, he discusses the testing done using eNodeB. The next paragraph is about mobile device field Testing. In the coming Paragraphs, he describes more about the testing technique he used to complete this project.
Finally, he concludes the whole Career Episode by summarizing all the techniques explained in the previous section used to complete the project in about 130 words.
You can download this Career Episode Sample from here
- Stage 1 Competency Standard for Professional Engineer December 4, 2023
- Secure Your Future: The Most In Demand Jobs for Skilled Migrants to Australia in 2024 November 3, 2023
- Engineers Australia Fees For Skills Assessment October 2, 2023
- A Comprehensive Guide to Australia Partner Visas: Requirements, Process, and Tips August 31, 2023
- Unlocking Your Dreams: Ultimate Guide to Australian PR Pathways August 11, 2023