The author of this Career episode Sample is an Agricultural Engineer. This Career Episode describes roles and responsibilities held during the work on his University Engineering Projects. This is an example of an Academic Career Episode.
In the first section, he presents the name of the project, i.e., “Development and Evaluation of a Manually Operated Groundnut Roaster”. He did this project when he was still a student at Obafemi Awolowo University(OAU) in Nigeria in 2008. He did this project under the supervision of his Professor.
Further, in the Background Section, he provides a brief description of the production of groundnuts in Nigeria and how it has affected the economy of people for years. Also, he provides the reason why he chooses this project. There were two objectives of the project, as explained by the author:
- To design and evaluate a 20kg capacity groundnut roaster that uses charcoal as an energy source.
- To Carry out an ergonomic study using a female subject on the developed machine.
He also listed his roles and responsibilities as follows:
- Initial Study of the statistic of Groundnut Production in Nigeria
- Prepare the necessary apparatus
- Design Groundnut Roaster
- Evaluate the machine with various apparatus
- Determine the roasting capacity and efficiency of the roaster
- Prepare Cost analysis report
To demonstrate his engineering knowledge and skills, he explains the engineering techniques he used to complete the project in the Personal Engineering Activity Section. Here, he wrote a separate paragraph for separate activities like preliminary study, designing, assembling, calculations, testing, and analysis as below:
- CE 1.7: About Roasting Process
- CE 1.8: Design of Roaster
- CE 1.9: Working of Machine.
- CE 1.10: Testing of Roaster Machine using Apparatus
- CE 1.11: Analysis of Roasting Operation
- CE 1.12: Cost Analysis
- CE 1.13: Problem Faced and its Solution
- CE 1.14: Future Scope of the Machine
- CE 1.15: Brief Description of the guidance from his professor.
In Summary Statement, he outlines all the activities he did to complete this project. It summarizes all his studies, designing, implementing, testing, and analyzing processes involved in the successful completion of this project.
You can download this Career Episode Sample from here
- Statutory Declarations and Affidavits for ACS Skill Assessment June 1, 2023
- Mastering the VETASSESS Skill Assessment: A Guide for Engineers in Australia May 18, 2023
- Common Misconceptions about CDR Reports for Australian Skilled Migration May 4, 2023
- Top 6 most employable degrees in Australia for 2023 March 13, 2023
- Complete guide to Skill Assessment for Skilled Migration: ACS, Engineers Australia, VETASSESS, and more. February 16, 2023