The author of this Career episode Sample is an Agricultural Engineer. This Career Episode describes roles and responsibilities held during the work on his University Engineering Projects. This is an example of an Academic Career Episode.
In the first section, he presents the name of the project i.e. “Development and Evaluation of a Manually Operated Groundnut Roaster”. He did this project when he was still a student at Obafemi Awolowo University(OAU) in Nigeria in 2008. He did this project under the supervision of his Professor.
Further, in the Background Section, he provides a brief description of the production of groundnuts in Nigeria and how it has affected the economy of people for years. Also, he provides the reason for why he choose this project. There were two objectives of the project as explained by the author:
- To design and evaluate a 20kg capacity groundnut roaster that uses charcoal as an energy source.
- To Carry out an ergonomic study using a female subject on the developed machine.
He also listed his roles and responsibilities as:
- Initial Study of the statistic of Groundnut production in Nigeria
- Prepare the necessary apparatus
- Design Groundnut Roaster
- Evaluate the machine with various apparatus
- Determine the roasting capacity and efficiency of the roaster
- Prepare Cost analysis report
To demonstrate his engineering knowledge and skills, he explains the engineering techniques he used to complete the project in the Personal engineering Activity Section. Here, he wrote a separate paragraph for separate activities like preliminary study, designing, assembling, calculations, testing and analysis as below:
- CE 1.7: About Roasting Process
- CE 1.8: Design of Roaster
- CE 1.9: Working of Machine.
- CE 1.10: Testing of Roaster Machine using Apparatus
- CE 1.11: Analysis of Roasting Operation
- CE 1.12: Cost Analysis
- CE 1.13: Problem faced and it’s Solution
- CE 1.14: Future Scope of the machine
- CE 1.15: Brief Description of the guidance from his professor.
In Summary Statement, he outlines all the activities he did to complete this project. It summarizes all his studies, designing, implementing, testing and analyzing processes involved in the successful completion of this project.
You can download this Career Episode Sample from here
- Document Checklist for ACS RPL Report Skill Assessment in 2021 July 22, 2021
- Can you Prepare a CDR Report with no Prior Employment Experience? July 14, 2021
- Confused about how to prepare your CDR Report? Learn these tips straight from our Professionals July 7, 2021
- Career Episode Sample based on Training Project July 7, 2021
- Career Episode Sample based on Work Experience July 7, 2021