The author of this Career Episode Sample is an Industrial Engineer. This Career Episode describes the roles and responsibilities held by the writer during the training period of his Engineering Career. This is an example of a Training or Internship Career Episode.
In the Introduction part he discusses the time and aspect when the project happened and the duration it took to complete it. The author is an Industrial Engineer who illustrates the project he was involved in as a trainee at a Company named Unilever Nepal. The Project name is “Calculation of warehouse capacity of Unilever Nepal for 15 days production”.
In the next section i.e Background, he briefly introduces the Company and continues by listing the objective of this project. The objective of this project was
- To determine the storage capacity of the warehouse
- To prepare a plan for maximum space utilization for future
- To calculate the total space occupied by pallets in the Warehouse
In the Personal Engineering Activity section, he describes the engineering skills he applied in order to complete this project. He explains in detail the following engineering knowledge he used in this project:
- Understanding of the mechanism and process of the Production plant.
- The concept of Product, planning, and control regulate and monitor the production process.
- Logical and Mathematical Knowledge to calculate various parameters associated with production rate.
- Analytical Skills to analyze calculated data and get a result to optimize the warehouse space.
He also discusses the problems he faced and how he handled them using his engineering knowledge. Some of the Problems and Solutions that he managed during this project are:
- He found a problem with the roof ridge or jack roof in the warehouse of the industry which resulted in an unbalanced temperature in the warehouse. To solve this problem he suggested the company use the HVAC system.
- He also found problem-related with Hydraulic lifts which could cause severe problems. So he suggested using a convex mirror to avoid any accident related to hydraulic Lifts.
Finally, he summarizes all three sections in the Summary Statement Section. Here, he explains, in brief, all the factors that are described in the previous section and provide a short summary of the whole Career Episode.
You can download this Career Episode Sample from here
- Statutory Declarations and Affidavits for ACS Skill Assessment June 1, 2023
- Mastering the VETASSESS Skill Assessment: A Guide for Engineers in Australia May 18, 2023
- Common Misconceptions about CDR Reports for Australian Skilled Migration May 4, 2023
- Top 6 most employable degrees in Australia for 2023 March 13, 2023
- Complete guide to Skill Assessment for Skilled Migration: ACS, Engineers Australia, VETASSESS, and more. February 16, 2023