RPL skill assessment is often performed by candidates who do not have any ICT skills or tertiary ICT qualifications. The Australian Computer Society (ACS) will analyze your skill assessment before being deemed qualified to move to Australia. As a result, ACS provides applicants who would not otherwise meet the ICT criteria with the opportunity of assessing their knowledge and abilities through RPL reports under ACS Australia Migration Skills Assessment. The RPL report format is already familiar to us. You can go through the document checklist if any confusion arises.
An employment reference letter also plays a vital role in helping you get that positive result from the ACS. To be considered acceptable for migration skills evaluation, work experience must be professional ICT level and related to the selected ANZSCO occupation.
What is Skilled Employment for RPL Report?
The Employment opportunity with at least 20 hours per week and payable can be considered for skill assessment purposes. The work to be evaluated must be conducted at the degree of depth and complexity appropriate for the specified occupation. The degree of expertise necessary should also be reflected in the salary. Please keep in mind that unpaid/partially paid leave or volunteer activities will not be regarded as paid work at the requisite skill level of a specified occupation for skills assessment.
After meeting the ACS eligibility requirements, the employment will be recorded as Skilled Employment and eligible for migration points. However, work experience to fulfil the eligibility criterion is NOT considered Skilled Employment and is thus ineligible for migration points.
Format for Employment Reference Letter
The employment reference letter contains information about your educational qualifications, professional experience, abilities, and competence. When candidates file their RPL report, they must attach a work reference letter from their previous employer. The ACS society will evaluate your RPL report based on your work background and experiences.
Work experience needs to be at a professional ICT level and related to the chosen occupation for migration skills assessment to be assessed as suitable.
Employment reference letter rules to follows:
- Dates in the format DD/MM/YYYY throughout the whole period of the job.
- Position in the given field of work
- Duties accomplished while in the workplace.
- If relevant, previous positions and responsibilities should be stated.
- Working hours – full-time/part-time and weekly hours worked.
- Locate the address where the work was done.
- Organizational letterhead signed by an authorized individual ( (digital signatures are acceptable and must be verifiable)
Employment Reference Letter Points to Note
- If you are currently employed in the job, the employer reference should include the phrase “To Date” and the date the reference letter was prepared.
- Experience will only be evaluated up until the date of your application’s submission.
- The description of responsibilities in your work reference determines relevance to your specified occupation.
- If dates or responsibilities are unclear or subject to interpretation, the work episode will be declared unfit.
- Work experience obtained as part of a qualification is not regarded for skilled employment and is recorded as “Concurrent Employment.”
- Work experience obtained before the candidate attaining 18 will not be accepted for skilled employment and will be reported as ‘Not professional level ICT experience.’
- Generic references that do not mention particular responsibilities will be rated as “Not Suitable due to inadequate information.”
- References containing tasks copied and pasted from ANZSCO will not be approved.
An employment reference letter is required for each episode of work. All references must include detailed information from the employer about the responsibilities you accomplished and the skills you used on the job. Your employer or a person authorized by your employer must sign references. The name, position of job, and contact information of the referring person must be clearly stated.
How do you submit your Employment Reference Letter?
When drafting the online applications, applicants must break out employment episodes to indicate “Australia” and “Outside of Australia” employment.
- Each duration of employment inside Australia must be written individually in the online application.
Outside Australia Employment:
- If you have worked for various employers or outside Australia, employment is broken up by Australian employment episodes; each duration of employment outside Australia must be documented separately in the online application.
- Suppose you have worked in numerous countries (except Australia) for the same company and in the same or closely similar occupation. In that case, this should be included in the online application as a single period of employment outside of Australia.
When will your Work experience be termed unsuitable?
1. Working at different employer at the Same Time
If the applicants complete one employment period while also doing another employment period, only one employment event is recognized at any one moment.
2. ANZSCO is not related to the nominated ANZSCO.
The responsibilities stated have been assessed as not being associated with the defined occupation based on the facts provided in the paperwork.
3. Insufficient documentation leads to failed assessment.
If documentation given does not satisfy the requirements of the Skills Assessment Guidelines or is insufficient to meet the assessment criteria, it will be termed as not assessed.
4. Lack of detail causes the work episode not evaluable.
The material given does not include enough information for us to make an evaluation.
5. Questions Regarding Result Letters
Candidates who wish to inquire about the assessment outcome should contact the ACS through email referencing their Application ID reference number.
Key Areas to focus on while writing your ACS Employment Reference Letter
Suppose you need a well-written employment reference letter for the ACS RPL report. In that case, CDR Writers Australia offers a platform where you can receive the best RPL report writing services as well as reference samples for your guidance. We’ve highlighted key areas for writing your ACS employment reference letter below.
Proper details on employment period
The key to success is to create unique, plagiarism-free material. Make certain that you write about actual job experiences and do not attempt to deceive ACS. Furthermore, do not use content from online examples. According to the ANZSCO code, any work experience you provide must be professional and relevant to the selected occupation.
Adequate Work Experience Details
Before applying for the ACS skills assessment, you must have sufficient work experience since ACS has established the minimum work experience necessary to ensure candidates meet the skill level standards.
Only employment that meets the skill level requirements counts as Skilled Employment and qualifies for migration points. When providing an employment reference, remember to mention your work responsibilities, tasks, and skill sets, highlighting all the areas of competence.
Use Valid Signatures
The employment reference letter you give must be signed/verified by the employer or an authorized representative of the organization. Details such as the name and position of the person making the recommendation must be specified. Using fake signatures on organizations not existing may get you banned from re-submitting the application.
What do we provide?
CDRWritersAustralia offers high-quality employment reference letters depending on your work experience and ANZSCO occupation. We have a 100% customer satisfaction rate. We also deal with CDR report, RPL report, Ka02 report, Stage 2, and more. Get your free sample for employment reference letter for guidance in preparing your RPL report.
- 8 CDR Report writing mistakes commonly omitted by Engineers for their EA skill assessment October 6, 2021
- Why is an employment reference letter necessary for an RPL report? September 27, 2021
- Who needs to apply for CDR Report writing services? September 16, 2021
- Common CDR Report mistakes by Engineering applicants for Skill Assessment September 10, 2021
- Career Episode Sample based on Work Experience September 2, 2021