The Australian Computer Society is the official governing body for Migration Skill Assessment. Skilled applicants who want to migrate to Australia for employment must undergo this skill assessment. Skill Assessment will test your skills, knowledge, educational qualification, and work experience to meet the ACS standards.
The ACS RPL skill assessment is for applicants with ICT backgrounds or sufficient ICT records. They must prepare an RPL report, as the ACS rule directs. Your RPL report is written based on the ANZSCO code you select. Applicants must choose the correct form of the ANZSCO code before sending out their application. If you need clarification about what field to choose, learn about the ANZSCO codes that match your skills and qualifications.
Required criteria you need to know before applying for ACS Skill Assessment
Here are some of the required criteria you need to know before applying:
You must know all the visa options available through the Department of Home Affairs and choose the one that suits you the best. You can also get professional help to guide you through the whole process.
We recommend that you carefully read the ACS criteria rule. You must also read the manual to clarify the capacity testing requirements and the standards you must follow to apply.
ACS application type
Following a thorough understanding of the criteria, the next step is to choose the ANZSCO code that corresponds to the occupation you are applying for. It must correspond to your talents, understanding, and experience.
If you previously submitted your ACS form, you must log in to your account at the ACS forum before applying for another submission.
Document Checklist for ACS Skill Assessment
This part will take you through the necessary documentation that an applicant must prepare in depth. Before you begin filling out applications, keep these essential checklists in mind.
- Passport or Birth Certificate
- You must provide a color scan of your passport to ACS. You must present your passport’s identity page containing your name, address, and other documents.
Documentation supporting a name change
It is preferable to have a direct color scan of the record if you have recently changed your name.
Curriculum Vitae / Curriculum Vitae
According to ACS rules, you must submit your resume in the personal section of the application form.
In your application papers, you must provide the following information: You must submit a direct color scan of your academic record and your award certificate or complete address for your Australian qualifications. If you have added a Master’s degree, you must also provide a Bachelor’s degree.
- Title / Degree in Education
- The name of the university where the degree was granted
- The college degree’s completion date
- Course information, including marks/grades earned for each unit or subject
To qualify as a Microsoft vendor, you must include the vendor login information for authentication purposes.
After successful submission, you will be asked to apply your login credentials for the Cisco provider certification.
This data can be attached as a PDF file.
Work Experience Document
- You must provide a color scan of the work references on the company letterhead or a third party’s regulatory statements.
- Your employment’s beginning and withdrawal dates must be used in your career experience. If you are working under the company at the very moment, the end date should be written as “To date.”
- It would be best to list all your roles and duties while working in the profession.
- The average number of hours worked per week. Mention whether the work was part-time or full-time.
- The place where the work is completed. Mention the job’s date and location, even though it is in the same country but in a different location.
- Organizational letterhead, signed by the sender, containing their name, title of the position served, address, and contact information.
Third-party Statutory Declaration Requirements
Third-party associates at the executive level have the official statement. The document was observed in front of an authorized official, as well as the date and location of the declaration. The third party shall state their working arrangement with you, the duties performed during the employment period, and the corresponding dates. Things to note for the online application form:
- Requirements for PDF files
- Your records must be combined into a single PDF file containing information about your qualifications and job history. Your PDF file should be 3 MB in size at maximum. Check that your PDF file is not encrypted or set to read-only mode.
- The PDF file is posted in the web application form.
Upload of Original Certificates
Be sure to have high-quality color scans of the original documents, such as licenses, passports, resumes, and so on, with a resolution of at least 300 dpi. Until you upload documents electronically, double-check the digital signature.
If ACS believes your argument is insufficient, they can request additional documentation. You must insert additional or new documentation to support your argument in such situations. You must rename the folder to distinguish it from other files that have already been submitted.
You must request a text written in the English language. An accredited English translation must be used if the text is written in a language other than English. Your original and translated documents should be sent simultaneously.
Read More: Validity of skill assessment result for Engineers Australia. ✈️✈️
Translation of documents inside Australia
Translations are certified in Australia if they are NAATI (National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters).
Translation of documents outside Australia
Translations are approved if they meet the following criteria:
- Ministry of Justice or a comparable institution where the degree was obtained
- The Australian Education International Section (AEIS)
- High Commission Consulate or Embassy of Australia
- Commercial and private translators, as well as award-winning institutes
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long does it take for the ACS skill assessment?
It takes between 8-10 weeks to complete your skills assessment. However, the period may increase if ACS requests additional documentation or information.
Does ACS contact employers for background checks?
In general, the ACS does not conduct background checks directly with employers. Sometimes, the DIBP selects an application for a random integrity check. In addition, if there is a rise in suspicion about a particular applicant’s documents, they may make an unannounced workplace visit.
Is IELTS required for the ACS assessment?
You do not need to take IELTS, PTE, or TOEFL for your ACS skill assessment.
- Parent Permanent Visa Australia: A Guide to Bringing Your Parents to Australia in 2023 January 6, 2023
- Skilled Occupation List 2023 (Updated) January 2, 2023
- Recent Australian immigration trends favoring moving in 2023 December 16, 2022
- How to write an outstanding CDR Report for a successful Migration Skills Assessment? October 21, 2022
- A complete guide to the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (Subclass 491) July 15, 2022