Applicants submit recognition of prior learning report with insufficient ICT background or no ICT degree at all. They have to go through a skill assessment undertaken by the Australian Computer Society(ACS). If your academic background and work experience are at the ICT standard, you can pass the ACS migration skills examination. For migration functions, it must be closely associated with the claimed occupation.
An employment Reference Letter is a document that consists of your knowledge, skills, experiences, and assessment that test your capability to perform various tasks under pressure. A well-written reference letter will help in achieving a positive outcome.
- Requirements, course groups, and career episodes are evaluated to ascertain whether it is an ICT professional unit.
- This assessment result will confirm if the certification is a Major, Minor or whether the ICT material is inadequate.
- Only occupations closely linked to ICT units are evaluated.
- Determines how much work experience is needed to satisfy the suitability requirements.
- Employment episodes are also assessed to see if they are relevant to the nominated career.
Employment Reference Letter Format
- Date of Employment Period
The start and end date of the employment should be written in a DD/MM/YY format. If you are currently working here, your end date should represent ‘To Date’ along with the date the reference was written.
- Duties Performed
All the duties and responsibilities performed by the applicant must be written in detail. Make sure your duties are related to the ANZSCO code occupation you select.
- Total working Hour
Whether you dedicated your employment period to a full-time job or a part-time, you have to mention it correctly in your reference letter. You have to reach the minimum limit of twenty-hour per week in total.
- Country of Employment
Detail of the country where the employment was taken. If you have worked for various companies in different countries, mention the duration and location of the employment.
- Organization Letterhead and signature
Your employment letter must be genuine which needs a signature from authorized personnel with the organization letterhead. The name, job position, and contact number of the person must be appropriately included.
An approved notary must certify the employment reference letter as a true copy.
ACS work experience deduction
ACS examines your qualifications to ensure that your degrees align with Australia’s instructional system and provide authentication to ensure ICT major or minor status and your job comprehension. A constructive ACS assessment is expected to ensure that all training, practice is dedicated to Australia PR application.
The Australian Computer Society will subtract a minimum of two years of work experience as training time. The actual number of years deducted from work experience is six or eight. However, the number of years to be excluded is determined by various considerations, including work experience that is unrelated to the professional degrees.
Factors for deducing Work Experience
The overall deduction of work experience range from 2 to 8 years based on the factors mentioned below. Any of the reasons that influence ACS’s deduction of your work experience are as follows:
• If the qualifications, duties, and roles you’ve listed do not correspond to the ANZSCO code you’ve chosen.
• The year you received your bachelor’s or master’s degree
• The field on which specialized your profession.
• Significance and type of work experience, as well as skills gained in the workplace
• Is your degree major or minor, and does it have a solid connection to your job field and ANZSCO code?
Furthermore, whether you already have an Australian degree or ACS eligible years, or both, you will have an advantage because your work experience will not be deducted.
As a result, it is brilliant to employ a professional writer with RPL report writing and paper submission skills to prepare the RPL report. The technical assistance you request must have a good track record with effective ACS evaluations. Many reputable websites provide genuine experts’ expertise to assist you with your RPL and ACS submission.
Example for your reference
Assume you have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, an ICT major that is loosely linked to the ANZSCO code. You finished your certification on December 31, 2001, and you have four years of related work experience from January 1, 2002, to December 31, 2006. According to the ACS suitability guidelines, the two years of work experience are deducted in this process. As a result, your Skill Requirement Met Date will begin on December 31, 2004. Professional role since 2004 is considered skilled jobs and is qualified for skilled migration point testing.
A total of four years of work experience is deducted from your work experience if you have a Bachelor’s degree with an ICT major, but it is not linked to an ANZSCO code, such as B.E in Electrical Electronics. Electrical and Electronics Engineering is called an ICT major since this profession involves at least 25% of ICT subjects.
Graduates with a non-computer science experience are known to have an ICT Minor as well as a related ANZSCO code. Their career experience is reduced by a total of five years. A total of six years is deducted for MBA or other degree graduates. They are classified as ICT minor and have little to do with the ANZSCO code.
ACS ‘AFTER’ Start Date
The crucial point is the “after month” listed in the ACS capability assessment report. In your Australia SkillSelect EOI, ACS does not decide which date to use (Expression of Interest). According to the ACS guidelines, you will use the date you filed your ACS application in your EOI.
- Career Episode Sample based on Training Project July 25, 2021
- Career Episode Sample based on Work Experience July 25, 2021
- Career Episode Sample based on Academic Project July 25, 2021
- Every Thing you need to know about Civil Engineering Draftsperson July 25, 2021
- Document Checklist for ACS RPL Report Skill Assessment in 2021 July 22, 2021