The Subclass 476 visa allows for those who are recent engineering graduates from recognized institutions having 18 months of experience. Subclass 476 is a point-based visa that works on the Australian Point System. In this visa process, applicants are selected as per their points scored in the Australia Point Test. The points are calculated for age, educational qualification, work experience, language abilities, skills, and other factors.
Eligibility to get a subclass 476 visa
An applicant who might get a Skilled-Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476) if:
- Applicant must be under 31 years of age
- Completed engineering at a recognized institution in the past two years.
- Candidates do not have the primary visa holder of subclass 476 0r 485.
- Demonstrate your English language ability.
- Meet health and character requirements.
After getting visa 476 applicants should stay there for at most 18 months to you and your family. However, you can travel and study on this visa type for 18 months, and the visa cost is AUD 405.
Visa processing time
- 75 % of applications are processed within 17 months.
- 90% of applications are processed within 18 months.
Applicant Engineering qualifications
Two years before you apply, you must have completed one of the qualifications in engineering:
- Bachelor degree
- Master degree
- Doctoral Degree
- Postgraduate diploma.
Some major sequences of study or specialization in English, such as:
- Civil engineering
- Structural engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Mining and material engineering
- Environmental engineering
English language ability
You should not submit the English language requirement for the visa process if you are a citizen of the United Kingdom, Canada, United States of America, New Zealand, and the Republic of Ireland and you hold a valid passport from one of those countries.
Otherwise, you must provide the following score from one of the specified English language tests. Before you apply for the visa, you must complete your English language test. We at CDRWritersAustralia help you to get your subclass 476 visa inefficiently way.
About subclass 476 visa
The Skilled-Recognized Graduate Visa (subclass 476) allows those who completed an engineering degree at a recognized institution to gain up to 18 months of skilled work experience in occupations. Subclass 476 is a temporary visa; your family also applies to join you in Australia after the visa is granted.
What can you do with this visa?
After the visa is granted, you and your family can stay in Australia for 18 months and travel, work, and study in Australia during this period.
Learn More: How to get an Australian Independent Skilled visa? ❤️❤️
Recognized educational institutions
Washington Accord institutions
Qualification of Engineering under the Washington Accord is a recognized institution, and any establishment offering an Engineering capability authorized under the Washington Accord is a perceived foundation. The Washington Accord is a global understanding among bodies answerable for certifying science certificate programs.
It senses the generous equivalency of projects authorized by those bodies. It suggests that alums of projects licensed by any of the signatory bodies be perceived by different bodies as having met the scholarly necessities for the section to the act of building.
Other recognized institutions
Applicant’s engineering qualification must be from one of the following institutions:
|Country||Name of an Institution|
|Finland||– HUT, Helsinki|
|Chile||– University of Chile|
– University of Concepcion
– Universidad Catolica del Norte Catholic
University of Chile – Antofagasta
|Germany||– Technical University of Berlin|
– Technical University of Clausthal
– University of Hannover
– RWTH, Aachen
– TU Bergakademie Freiberg
|Brazil||– Federal University of Minas Gerais|
|Argentina||– Catholic University of Argentina|
|India||– Indian Institute of Science- Bangalore|
– Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
– Indian Institute of Mines- Dhanbad
– Banaras Hindu University- Varanasi
– Anna University -Chennai
|Iran||– AmirKabir University of Technology|
– University of Tehran
|Hungary||– University of Miskolc|
|People’s Republic of China||– Beijing Normal University|
– Beijing Petroleum University
– Beijing University of Chemical Technology
– Beijing University of Technology (formerly Beijing Polytechnic University)
– China University of Mining and Technology- Beijing
– Guangzhou University
– Shanghai Jiaotong University
– Tongji University
– Tsinghua University
– University of Science and Technology- Beijing
|Philippines||– University of the Philippines|
|Poland||– Wroclaw University of Technology|
|Slovakia||– TU Kosice|
|Sweden||– Lulea University of Technology|
|Tanzania||– University of Dar es Salaam|
Step-by-step process to apply for 476 visa
Step 1: Before you apply
- Make sure you have a valid passport
- Check your visa conditions
- Organize health exams
- Get help with your application
Step 2: Gather your documents
Collect documentary evidence to demonstrate your qualification(s), English language proficiency, identity, and relationships. You must also provide documentation for your partner and any dependent children.
- Provide accurate information
- Identity documents
- Qualification documents
- Evidence of English language
- Character documents
- Tell us you are getting help
- Partner documents
- Dependants under 18 documents
- Prepare your documents
- Scan or photograph
Step 3: Apply for the visa.
You can apply for the visa inside or outside of Australia, and you must provide accurate information. When they decide on your application, you must be outside of Australia and apply for this visa online.
Step 4: After you apply
- Stay updated in ImmiAccount
- Travel after the visa is granted
- Be ready for health tests and biometrics if needed
- Attach more information if you didn’t submit it before.
- Add new family
- Let them know if you made mistakes in the document
- Tell them if your mail address and phone number changes
Read More: Change in Australian visa 2022: Opportunities for migrants. 💪💪
Step 5: Visa outcome
When they decide on your application, you must be outside of Australia.
They will notify you in writing of their decision regarding your visa application. If they grant you the visa, they will inform you as follows:
- your visa authorization number
- Your visa conditions begin on the date your visa is issued.
- If they refuse your visa, they will explain why and whether you have the right to have the decision reviewed.
If they reject your application, they will not refund the application fee.
Students who have graduated from Australia have several options if they want to stay in the country. A student visa will not grant you permanent residency; instead, you must apply for a work visa, such as a 476 visa. A skilled, recognized graduate visa is a type of work visa that engineering graduates can apply for.
If you need any assistance regarding the 476 visas you can contact us. We provide various CDR services, RPL related services.
- Parent Permanent Visa Australia: A Guide to Bringing Your Parents to Australia in 2023 January 6, 2023
- Skilled Occupation List 2023 (Updated) January 2, 2023
- Recent Australian immigration trends favoring moving in 2023 December 16, 2022
- How to write an outstanding CDR Report for a successful Migration Skills Assessment? October 21, 2022
- A complete guide to the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (Subclass 491) July 15, 2022