Are you wondering how to write an absolute CPD for Engineers Australia? Well, in this blog you can get a complete idea of writing a CPD for CDR for Engineers Australia in an easy way.
Some might be having doubt on what actually CPD is or why do we need to write CPD for Engineers Australia. These Questions could have been raised in anyone’s mind and he/she might be feeling anxious.
CPD stands for Continuing Professional Development which helps to explain your knowledge and skills in the related fields. The up-to-date technical skills and progress in your engineering career can be maintained with the help of CPD. It does not just help in enhancing the knowledge and skills but it helps to widen your professional networks and contacts as well. CPD is prepared so the Engineer’s Australia can analyze how well you have maintained your chartered status.
What Engineers Australia is looking for in your CPD?
Engineers Australia has divided Professional Engineers Competencies into Four Principle Elements and They are:
What to do and what not to do?
Engineer’s Australia has specified how a CPD Report should look like and what it should include. Following are a few things you should keep in mind while preparing CPD for Engineer’s Australia.
- It must be in list format
- It should be in Chronological Order.
- It may contain any formal or informal activity done in the engineering field.
- It must include detailed information about the title, date, time period, location, and other relevant information.
- It must not exceed one page.
- It is not required to attach certificates of courses and events you were involved in.
When you write a CPD it must be able to illustrate all the above elements to prove your Competence in your Profession. The Content of CPD might be any of the following:
Since you have learned what CPD is, why it is needed, what it is supposed to contain and also what you shouldn’t do while writing a CPD for Engineers Australia
Take a look at some sample CPDs that are prepared by our Experts.
From these Sample, you can see that it is not just a summary of technical skills and knowledge you get to learn through various activities, it can also contain things you have learned while you were working for a company like how to use any software or coding or any kind of business management strategies etc.
A CDR application should include all the relevant CPD which helps a lot for your further career in Australia. It is better to provide the CPD in a list format so that it can be easily understood.
In CPD, it is not necessary to include all the certificate from each course you have described. As the CPD doesn’t consist of every detail that has been done on the various activities that were done so the CPD should not be too long. It should only contain information about what you did but not how you did it.
Good luck with your CPD.
- Document Checklist for ACS RPL Report Skill Assessment in 2021 July 22, 2021
- Can you Prepare a CDR Report with no Prior Employment Experience? July 14, 2021
- Confused about how to prepare your CDR Report? Learn these tips straight from our Professionals July 7, 2021
- Career Episode Sample based on Training Project July 7, 2021
- Career Episode Sample based on Work Experience July 7, 2021