What is Continuing Professional Development?
Some might be doubting what CPD is or why do we need to write CPD for Engineers Australia. These questions can be raised in anyone’s mind, and they might be feeling anxious.
The up-to-date technical skills and progress in your engineering career can be maintained with the help of CPD. CPD stands for Continuing Professional Development which helps to explain your knowledge and skills in the related fields. It does not just help enhance knowledge and skills, but it also helps widen your professional networks and contacts. CPD is prepared so Engineer’s Australia can analyze how well you have maintained your chartered status.
What Engineers Australia is looking for in your CPD?
CPD programs are intended to enhance or upgrade your study experience, knowledge, or opinion to ensure professional skills are safeguarded and maintain and improve your workplace’s efficiency. Your CPD record must indicate a minimum of 150 hours of organized CDR over three years in the applicable engineering industry.
Indeed, throughout your academic years, you may have participated in numerous seminars and workshops and may even participate in other conferences to increase your skills and knowledge. Everything you get will be included in your CPD as knowledge. However, you may have difficulties expressing the CPD if you have no excellent writing abilities. Engineers Australia has divided Professional Engineers Competencies into Four Principle Elements, and they are:
What to do and what not to do?
Engineer’s Australia has specified how a CPD Report should look like and what it should include. Following are a few things you should keep in mind while preparing CPD for Engineer’s Australia.
- It must be in list format.
- It should be in Chronological Order.
- It may contain any formal or informal activity done in the engineering field.
- It must include detailed information about the title, date, time, location, and other relevant information.
- It must not exceed one page.
- It is not required to attach certificates of courses and events you were involved in.
- CPD is not just a summary of technological abilities. It contains stuff like using any program, code, or business management techniques while working for the company.
- To be easy to understand, you must give CPD in a list style. A CDR application contains all the CPDs that are of great assistance to your future job.
- The CPD should include what tasks were performed and not the way you did it.
- All certificates from each course you have mentioned are not required to be included.
When you write a CPD, it must illustrate all the above elements to prove your Competence in your Profession. The Content of CPD might be any of the following:
Since you have learned what CPD is, why it is needed, what it is supposed to contain, and what you shouldn’t do while writing a CPD for Engineers Australia.
CPDs Samples by our Experts
From these Samples, you can see that it is not just a summary of technical skills and knowledge you get to learn through various activities. It can also contain things you have learned while working for a company, like using any software or coding or any business management strategies, etc.
A CDR application should include all the relevant CPD, which helps your further career in Australia. It is better to provide the CPD in a list format so that it can be easily understood.
In CPD, it is not necessary to include all the certificates from each course you have described as the CPD doesn’t consist of every detail that has been done on the various activities that were done, so the CPD should not be too long. It should only contain information about what you did but not how you did it.
Good luck with your CPD.
- Why RPL report for ICT Applicants in Australian immigration needed? October 18, 2021
- 8 CDR Report writing mistakes commonly omitted by Engineers for their EA skill assessment October 6, 2021
- Why is an employment reference letter necessary for an RPL report? September 27, 2021
- Who needs to apply for CDR Report writing services? September 16, 2021
- Common CDR Report mistakes by Engineering applicants for Skill Assessment September 10, 2021