Is your Australian Visa Expiring soon? Know about other opportunities.

Is your Australian Visa Expiring soon

If your Australian visa expires soon, what can be done next? What are the best possible opportunities? Read this if you are facing this problem; read this post if you are one of them.

If you know that your Australian visa is about to expire and you wish to remain in the country, you are far better off exploring your options now rather than waiting until you become illegal.

Read More: Top reasons to move to Australia in 2023. ✨✨

You can extend your stay in the country after graduation based on your study course, occupation, and relationship status. But before you move ahead, it is best to get your eligibility checked for migration services and filter out the exact visa option for you. You might get temporary visas, bridging visas, and other types of temporary skill shortage visas as well.

Options in case your Australian visa expiring soon

Apply for a 482 Visa

If you are working and your employer is willing to sponsor you, applying for a Temporary Skill Shortage (482) visa is best. You can apply for this visa if your occupation is mentioned in the list of short-term skilled occupations and medium-term skilled occupations in Australia.

Having prior experience will give you an edge for visa approval. However, your employer must be an approved sponsor, and the employer must seek approval from Standard Business Sponsor if they are not. Only then can they nominate you to fill the position in their business.

You will be granted a bridging visa if your student visa expires before you get approval for the 482 visas.

An important thing to remember is that labor market testing is needed for most of the 482 visa applications, and it will take at least 28 days. Hence, you must apply immediately.

Apply for Graduate Visa

The other available option is to apply for a Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485), which is divided into two streams:

  • Graduate workstream
  • Post Study Work Stream

The visa duration you can apply for depends on your qualifications. If you graduate with a bachelor’s degree, you will gain a two-year visa, and a Ph.D. graduate can get a visa for a four-year period.

For most of the applications, an English language proficiency test is needed. It is not mandatory that your occupation be listed on the Skilled Occupation List.

Apply for 470 Training Visa

The Training Visa (Subclass 407) is a viable option for students with less or limited work experience. This visa approves people to undertake study-related or professional training in their preferred field.

You can apply for this visa if you have worked full-time or studied for at least 12 months.

There is no fixed validity assigned to this visa, and the length of the visa depends on the duration of the training. While holding this visa, you can work only as a sponsor and must work for at least 30 hours every week.

Apply for Partner Visa

A few students may find a partner in Australia, holding a permanent resident or citizenship. In such cases, students can apply for a partner visa.

You must check the guidance and eligibility criteria of a partner visa from a registered migration company to know your eligibility for this visa.

Learn More: What is the Validity of Skill Assessment Result for Engineers Australia? 💪💪

If your partner is on a temporary visa, a training visa, or any other type of visa, you can apply as a dependent. Also, if your partner’s application for PR is pending, you can add to that and gain a residency visa.

Apply for Permanent Residency

A few international and graduate students can apply for permanent residency under the program of “General Skilled Migration.” However, to get approval for this visa, you must submit numerous documents along with the application. Also, visa approval requires 12 weeks or more.

If you cannot get visa approval before the expiration of your student visa, you may have to leave Australia.

If you are short on time, we suggest applying for a subclass 485 visa. After that, you can apply for a permanent residency visa under the General Skilled Migration Program.

Alternatively, you can continue your education by applying for a student visa for a higher qualification. Though it is an expensive option, you can gain visa approval quickly and hone your skills further.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *