Suppose you plan to go to Australia to further your career but don’t have the English language as your native language. In that case, you will need to go through an English language test to be eligible for universities overseas.
Now the main question is which language tets is the most suitable for you. Generally, it depends on factors like the university you are applying for, the institution offering language tests, and your budget.
Introduction to Pearson Test of English (PTE)
PTE Academic is a sort of test explicitly designed for students who are not native English speakers. It will assist the student in preparing themself to deal with the university environment. It’s a full-fledged computer-based test.
- 77–93 minutes for speaking and writing. You’ll have to do things like introduce oneself, read aloud, describe a visual, summarize a text, and write an essay, among other things.
- 32–40 minutes of reading You’ll have to fill in the blanks, answer multiple-choice questions, and rearrange paragraphs, among other things.
- 45–57 minutes of listening After listening to or watching audio or video samples, you’ll have to answer a series of questions.
PTE test by Engineers Australia
Engineers Australia has accepted Pearson’s Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) from 1st November 2017. Now you have an option to choose between IELTS, Toefl, and PTE Test.
Applicants that submitted their application on or after 1st November 2017 were eligible to provide a PTE Academic Test result. The PTE test score can be an alternative to an IELTS test result or a TOEFL test result. The minimum acceptable score for PTE Academic in each of the four modules of Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking are 55 – 60. However, some universities accept scores as low as 50.
Engineers Australia accepts the TOEFL Test Result form since 1st January 2016. This is very important to keep in mind that the test result form must be less than two years old at the time of application for the Engineers Australia Skills Assessment. Also, Engineers Australia will accept only Academic versions of the PTE test while both academic and general versions of IELTS and TOEFL are accepted. The basic fee for a PTE Academic in Australia is 357 AUD (246 USD).
PTE Academic has 71 questions in 20 forms separated into four sections. Because the PTE computing engine is algorithm-based, it evaluates everyone equally and fairly regardless of their dressing sense, nationality, gender, or physical appearance, unlike humans in IELTS who evaluate you based on preconceived notions arising from your attire, body language, and facial expressions.
Why Choose PTE??
1) The results are faster than the TOEFL and IELTS results.
2) The Australian Government has approved it for visa applications, and hundreds of institutions in Australia accept it.
3) The examinations place a strong emphasis on how to utilize English in everyday situations.
4) You may transmit your results to as many schools as you like – there are no extra charges for additional score reports.
5) It includes listening, reading, writing, and speaking.
6) In English-speaking nations, the PTE certificate is accepted by many multinational corporations and institutions.
7) Students can schedule tests even at the last minute (within 48 hours in advance)
8) PTE certifications are valid for two years from the exam date.
9) Scheduling a test date is simple.
10) It takes 3 hours to complete.
Minimum Requirement for English Tests as per Engineer Australia
Now for the skill assessment part, we are here to guide you in your CDR report, RPL report preparation journey. Feel free to go through our samples for various Engineering and ICT occupations. Get a free sample for your reference purpose readily available on request.
- Parent Permanent Visa Australia: A Guide to Bringing Your Parents to Australia in 2023 January 6, 2023
- Skilled Occupation List 2023 (Updated) January 2, 2023
- Recent Australian immigration trends favoring moving in 2023 December 16, 2022
- How to write an outstanding CDR Report for a successful Migration Skills Assessment? October 21, 2022
- A complete guide to the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (Subclass 491) July 15, 2022